Visit The Alliance Homepage

Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
26757 Posts in 2769 Topics by 505 Members Latest Member: - nick221173 Most online today: 40 - most online ever: 281 (July 08, 2008, 08:04:09 PM)
+  The Alliance Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Merck pharmaceutical cocaine
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Merck pharmaceutical cocaine  (Read 23032 times)
Fluoro

« on: December 02, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »

My main drug of choice has always been powder cocaine-especially the flake. I am currently reading the Keith Richards autobiography 'Life' (highly reccommended). Although the Stones were before my time, my step-dad got me into them,along with Supertramp. Anyway, Im up to page 373 & he's caning a 1oz bottle of pure, pharmaceutical Merck cocaine. Why the fuck cant they still make that? Be warned though, this book doesnt half give u cravings.   
simon

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »

Cocaine even in small amounts and with infrequent use can cause sudden death due to damage to cardiac muscle. I'm  a cheerful chap oh and your heart can swell to four times it's size - goodnight.
physeptomaton

Repentant sinner.Unrepentant diconal head.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 01:55:44 AM »

Cocaine powder, diamond-shaped flakes and 10% solution are still made. They are now only used as anaesthetics, and even then are quite rare.
Prescribing to addicts ended about 1993 when Dr Marks left, he rx'd some patients cocaine reefers with their pharm H amps or reefers. It requires a licence- but out of the 3 drugs that require one only diamorphine is given to any significant number of addicts (about 500.)
Dipipanone scripts are down to about 4,000 a year total but nearly all for pain, i would expect only the big London hospitals use it for addicted patients
Cocaine for addiction does not seem to be available any more but methedrine amps (methylamphetamine) and methylamphetamine capsules were still being prescribed in 2007. 150 items were dispensed that year, around 120 amps and several prescriptions for 30mg capsules.

"They say selling is a sin, So is telling young men that selling is a sin if you don't offer new ways to win"- Andre 3000.
Everybody is a product of their environment... some environments are just harder to survive in. For the 3-4-5-6-7-8 and anyone trapped or struggling. Still deserve respect.
steve

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »

Cocaine even in small amounts and with infrequent use can cause sudden death due to damage to cardiac muscle. I'm  a cheerful chap oh and your heart can swell to four times it's size - goodnight.

I new i had a big Heart
Fluoro

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »

I agree Simon, Cocaine can affect the heart,but its not as dangerous as alcohol-as a recent survey confirmed. Also, nowadays unless u know where 2 go,your not getting coke,its a mixture of speed,benzocaine,teething powder,acetone etc & dickheads who think their getting it on the block.thereby thinking its pure,dont realise its been through a hydraulic press. Proper coke is a mellow buzz,with the most amazing euphoria.
tpvalley
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »

Cocaine powder, diamond-shaped flakes and 10% solution are still made. They are now only used as anaesthetics, and even then are quite rare.
Prescribing to addicts ended about 1993 when Dr Marks left, he rx'd some patients cocaine reefers with their pharm H amps or reefers. It requires a licence- but out of the 3 drugs that require one only diamorphine is given to any significant number of addicts (about 500.)
Dipipanone scripts are down to about 4,000 a year total but nearly all for pain, i would expect only the big London hospitals use it for addicted patients
Cocaine for addiction does not seem to be available any more but methedrine amps (methylamphetamine) and methylamphetamine capsules were still being prescribed in 2007. 150 items were dispensed that year, around 120 amps and several prescriptions for 30mg capsules.

methedrine is NOT methamphetamine Im almost sure. its just another type like dexedrine.

Cocaine is used in facial surgery, but not at dentists like some think.
physeptomaton

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:42:09 PM »

Methedrine most certainly is methamphetamine. It was withdrawn from general circulation in 1968 but still exists in hospital pharmacies and was prescribed by the Maudsley hospital and Widnes DDU in the early 90s, the punkytina thread about injectables mentions that her husband got it on the Wirral.

Cocaine is not the first-line anaesthetic, it has much less use than it did 50 years ago. It is mostly applied on gauze so it does not absorb enough to cause psychotropic effects.

I read the new list of schedule 2-3 controlled drugs on PSNC, and it contains all sorts the last ones did not. "Dexedrine spansules 15mg"? "Cocaine Mouthwash 5%"? "Diamorphine capsules 100mg"? "Morphine 2% gel"? "Focalin XR 10mg tabs"? "Dexamfetamine 125mg/5ml concentrate"? About 12 different fentanyl-based products with all sorts of weird methods of administration?
I would REALLY like to know who is prescribing the above medications. It sure isn't anyone round here...

http://www.psnc.org.uk/data/files/list_of_schedule_123_cds.pdf

"They say selling is a sin, So is telling young men that selling is a sin if you don't offer new ways to win"- Andre 3000.
Everybody is a product of their environment... some environments are just harder to survive in. For the 3-4-5-6-7-8 and anyone trapped or struggling. Still deserve respect.
Fluoro

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:01:09 AM »

Why does it say in the BNF that a dr needs a license 2 prescribe diamorphine,cocaine & dipipanone 4 addiction when there is no chance of getting cocaine 4 addiction?..Also Physeptomaton Ive got a BNF from 1994 & it doesnt mention methamphetamine,only dexedrine. Im not saying your wrong,but Ive never heard of it. The only mention of it 2day is a Class A drug with no medicinal value..
simon

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

Tomo,
There are so few Doctors licenced to prescribe the first drugs you mention that I imagine it's pretty much impossible to get them prescribed, as for cocaine I imagine nobody prescribes this these days. If cocaine is prescribed it would be for a very odd reason no doubt related to anaesthesia for a rare condition.
Fluoro

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »

I agree Simon, Its just u would think the BMA would update the BNF & take cocaine off the list of the 3 drugs that require a license for prescribing for dependency.
physeptomaton

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »

It was a law made in Parliament- the misuse of drugs (supply to addicts) regulations- which sets these 3 drugs as the ones requiring a licence.

The BMA/BNF cannot just change this until government does, and there is no reason to change it if people aren't prescribing cocaine anyway.
Also dipipanone for addiction is almost impossible to obtain. You would have to show continuous IV use of opiates AND cyclizine tablets, i doubt anyone who started using after the late 1980s has got a new script for it.

Simon- Do doctors need an individual license to prescribe each of the 3 drugs, or only one for all three? It's just that I once read three doctors are licensed to prescribe cocaine for addicts, and there are a lot more than that licensed for diamorphine (20 minimum- about 10 in London, 2 in Plymouth, a couple on Merseyside etc)

simon

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »

I've no idea whether they need an individual licence for each drug, i've never had a reason to look into this. I just know they need a licence. I know it took a faily decent length of time to sort out our hand writing exemptions but that's not needed now. I imagine they would be well scutinised if they did request a licence to do this. I imagine someone would keep an eye on someone who is regularly prescribing large quantities of these drugs.
Fluoro

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 12:11:02 PM »

Physeptomaton, u say that in the very rare cases of diconal being prescribed (for addiction),the patient would have 2 show repeated IV use of opiates & cyclizine. I cant imagine someone getting a diconal script,except for maybe daily supervised oral consumption,otherwise it would be obvious the patient would inject them, & that wouldnt be harm reduction.
Fluoro

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »

Does anyone know why out of all the 'caine' drugs; e.g cocaine,benzocaine,novacaine etc,whilst all of them have local anaesthetic properties, only cocaine has psycho-active properties & thus produces euphoria? I may be wrong, there may be other euphoric 'caine' drugs,but I havnt heard of them.
itsme22
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

Ive got a BNF from 1994 & it doesnt mention methamphetamine,only dexedrine. Im not saying your wrong,but Ive never heard of it. The only mention of it 2day is a Class A drug with no medicinal value..

the BNF comes out every year and 1994 is VERY old, so that may be why you cant see it in there, perhaps, after all its now 16 years old.....lol
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: